Granny Is Licking Her Chops
These little treasures can also be done on an outdoor grill -- cooking time is about the same.
- Ready In:
- 2 pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 2 ounces seriously sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the broiler to high.
- Broil the chops for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Spread one side of the chop with chutney, top with sliced apple and broil for a further 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and return to the broiler for a further 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with salad and new potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The combination of flavors of chutney, apples & cheese was excellent. I doubled everything except the apples & found it was still enough to go around. I wasn't sure whether to broil on the top or 2nd rack position. I chose the 2nd & found it was taking much longer than 4 minutes per side, so moved the tray up one position to finish. My chops were a bit tough, but I don't know if that was the meat itself or the preparation. I don't usually broil pork chops, so I'm just not sure. But the flavor of the topping is just wonderful & I will be trying this one again. I served it with Silent Cricket's "Tony Roma's Maple Sweet Potatoes" & Country Lady's Pan Roasted Asparagus for an enjoyable meal. Thanks, Miller!Reply
Oh my goodness, what a nice surprise this was. I actually made it because it sounded so odd, but boy was it good. I would recommend slicing a few extra apples on top, because the combo of a bite of pork with the apple and chutney and cheese is unbelievably good, so I got mad when I didn't have enough apple. Definitely a repeater in my house.1Reply