Grandma's Layered Salad
photo by CIndytc
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 large bell pepper, finely chopped (green or red)
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can peas, drained
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Layer first 7 ingredients in large clear salad bowl (in order!).
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour evenly over top of vegetables. Don’t toss!
- Sprinkle grated cheese and crumbled bacon on top of dressing. Seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Picture taken just for Zaar - mmmm milkshake...</p> <p>I'm a brand new single mommy to my tiny perfect human, so thank you to everyone who takes the time to make and review my recipes - I try to send a zmail to each of you, but baby girl has a different idea.</p> <p>I'm a good ol' prairie girl from Canada with one side of the family being Ukrainian/Slovakian and the other side is German/Russian. In other words, when we cook we take carbs, cover them in more carbs, fry'em and serve it smothered in onions and cream. <br />No pro chefs in my family, just grandmas and aunts and cousins and a mom that had me pinching perogies and stuffing strudel before I could form a complete sentence. <br />The most dreaded / laughed at phrase I say is, So last night, I invented this thing for supper... - I would probably publish more recipes if I actually remembered everything I put in or had an idea of how much I added!!</p>