- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cold & cut into 8 pieces
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can gooseberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & set out a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar & nuts, then cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press flour mixture evenly into the baking pan & bake 15 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before crust is done, in a saucepan combine gooseberries, sugar & cornstarch, cooking & stirring about 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over baked crust, then let cool completely, before slicing & serving!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a nice recipe! I have to start out by saying I didn't follow the recipe exactly as I used fresh gooseberries not canned. The flavor was nice...the crust buttery and not too sweet and the topping sweet but tart as well. My only struggles with the recipe were that the crust was a bit too firm for me (you know that fork smashing into the plate sound when you try to cut a piece off) and the topping didn't gel as much as I would have expected (it was somewhat firm but falls all over once a piece is taken out of the baking dish). Otherwise, a wonderful recipe! Thanks Sydney Mike....