Goodhousekeeping's Soup Diet (Basic Recipe)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Basic soup for the Goodhousekeeping Soup Diet.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 3 onions, sliced (1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice (whole)
- 6 cups cabbage (1/2 small head)
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed and each cut into thirds
- 1 (48 -49 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 3 zucchini, sliced into half moons (1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 (6 ounce) bags baby spinach leaves
- Coat 12-quart stockpot (or 2 large saucepans) with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, add carrots, onions, celery, and garlic; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes with their liquid, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon. Add cabbage, green beans, broth, water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper; heat to boiling over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to high; stir in zucchini and spinach and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION