The "golden" comes from the turmeric as well as the corn and yellow bell peppers! This can be served warm as a side or at room temp as a salad.
- Ready In:
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups fresh corn, cut whole kernel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Saute the yellow bell pepper and onion in 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet until the vegetables are tender. Add the corn, and saute 4 minutes. Stir in the salt and pepper; remove from the heat, and set the yellow bell pepper mixture aside.
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, couscous, turmeric, and cumin. Remove from the heat, and cover. Let stand for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Gently stir in the reserved yellow bell pepper mixture.
- Serve hot as a side, or at room temperature as a salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION