Goedangan - Suriname Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cabbage
- 250 g snake beans or 250 g French beans
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄3 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup yoghurt, plain
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small green chili pepper, very finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 pinch salt
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the coconut cream and yogurt. Stir in the minced green chile (to desired spiciness), sugar, coriander, lime juice, and salt. Chill until ready to serve.
- Slice the cabbage into thin strips.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the cabbage and the bean sprouts to the boiling water and cook very briefly, for about 2 minutes.
- Drain cabbage and dump into ice water.
- Bring another pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain green beans and add to the bowl of ice water.
- Drain cooked vegetables into a colander.
- Arrange vegetables on a platter with slices of hard boiled egg and cucumber slices. Drizzle with coconut dressing, and serve extra dressing on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making