Goat Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Pesto Torta
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces goat cheese, at room temp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temp
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup pesto sauce (a thicker pesto is best so that it will hold it's shape)
- fresh basil leaves or parsley sprig, for garnishing
- toasted baguette, slices for serving
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine goat-cream cheese mixture with the sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, and vinegar in a separate bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (again).
- Line a 2-cup ramekin or a small bowl with plastic wrap, extending the wrap over the sides. spray the plastic wrap with vegetable oil cooking spray. Spread half the goat-cream cheese mixture evenly in the bottom of the ramekin. Cover with pesto, then with the cheese tomato mixture. top with remaining goat cheese mixture. Fold wrap over the final cheese layer and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Invert the torta onto a platter and peel off the plastic wrap. Garnish with basil and serve with baguette slices.
- **The torta can be made 2days ahead and refrigerated. This torta can be so gorgeous if you pay attention to making clean, well defined layers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!