Gluten-Free Pinwheel Cookies
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 5mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄4 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cream first amount of butter and sugar together.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Add to butter mixture and mix into a ball.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
- To one portion, add cocoa and remaining butter; mix well.
- Roll out each portion between sheets of waxed paper to 1/8" thick.
- Make them the same size in a rectangular shape.
- Remov top papers and invert white layer over chocolate.
- Remove top paper and roll, removing top paper as you roll.
- Wrap and chill overnight.
- To bake, slice thinly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375* oven for about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!