photo by Stephsfanny
- Ready In:
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 1⁄2 cups stevia
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Whip egg whites, vanilla, almond extract, cream of tartar, and Xanthan gum until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in Stevia or Splenda sweetener, and whip until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and shredded coconut.
- Fold egg whites mixture into flour/coconut mixture.
- Spoon tablespoon mounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 18-20 minutes (or until slightly browned on edges).
- Microwave chocolate chips and olive oil for 20 seconds at a time, stirring between, until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the macaroons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!