Gluten Free French Toast Casserole
- Ready In:
1 13 X 9 PAN
- Thaw bread in fridge a day or two before needed if frozen.
- Put bacon on baking sheet and cook in oven until done.
- Butter a 9x14 baking dish.
- Spread cream cheese onto one side of the bread. Place cream cheese side up in pan. You may need cut a couple pieces to fit into pan. Fill the whole bottom of the pan with one layer of cream cheese covered bread.
- Cut bacon into pieces. Sprinkle half of the bacon onto cream cheese covered bread in the pan. Cover remaining slices with cream cheese and cut into cubes. Put cubed bread on top of slices, sprinkle remaining bacon on top.
- Pour vanilla creamer on top of casserole. Beat eggs in a separate bowl with milk. Pour over casserole.
- Let casserole soak in the refrigerator over night.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook about 30-40 min until liquid is solid.
- Make icing by putting powdered sugar in a bowl and mixing in butter and a tsp of water at a time until desired consistency. About the consistency of cinnamon roll icing.
- Pour icing on top of hot casserole and let cool about 15 minute Slice and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am an operator at a nuclear plant. I share a home with my husband, our three sons (5, 2, and 1 years old), my mother and three dogs. I love cooking when I have time to sit down and actually cook good, made-from-scratch food (instead of frozen pizza or Hamburger Helper). All shared meals in our house are gluten free, due to some members of our household having Celiac disease.</p>