Gluten Free Flax Buttermilk Waffles
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and ground flax seed in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, buttermilk and cooled butter.
- Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Bake in your waffle iron (time will vary depending on your waffle iron).
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers freeze well between sheets of wax paper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!