Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Raspberry Torte
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, toasted, skinned, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 cup strong coffee or 1/8 cup espresso
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry spreadable fruit
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons .unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 hazelnuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet, and toast for 8-10 minutes. Be careful that they don't burn. Remove from oven and place on a towel. Take another towel, place over nuts and rub gently to remove skins. Allow to cool, then place in a food processor and pulse untl finely ground. Be careful not to grind into a paste. Set aside.
- Heat sugar, coffee and chocolate in a double boiler. Stir until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- Place butter in mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing after each addition. Stir in chocolate mixture, almond and vanilla extract, and rice flour.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites, until stiff enough to hold a peak. Fold half the egg whites into the chocolate batter. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites. Pour batter into a greased 8-inch cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Heat heavy cream, with butter, until just boiling. Turn off heat and add chocolate and vanilla, and allow to sit for 3-4 minutes, whisk until smooth.
- Take cake out of refrigerator. Thinly spread two tablespoons of ganache over the cake, as a crumb coat. Spread raspberry jam over the top of the crumb coat. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Place wire rack on a baking sheet. Place cake on rack and pour ganache over the cake. Evenly coat the cake using a spatula. Decorate the perimeter with whole hazelnuts, place on a plate, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.