photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped (such as prunes, apricots, currants, or raisins) (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, molasses, powder, and salt.
- Cut in butter until it is in tiny pieces.
- Add potatoes and stir well.
- Pour in milk and stir with a fork to form a ball.
- Turn out onto working surface and knead 10 times.
- Divide into 4 equal portions (rounds) and pat down to 1" thickness.
- Bake in a preheated 400* oven for about 25-30 minutes until brown.
- Cut into wedges, slices, or simply pull off pieces of the round.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this bread because I did not have any eggs on hand and wanted bread. It turned out ok, but quite salty. I would only put in 1/2 t salt next time. Other then that it was pretty good. Also very easy to make. I used 1 C Sorghum flour, 1 C Rice flour, and 1/2 C tapioco flour. Its also a little crumbly, but I was expecting that as well!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!