Gluten Free Agave Nectar Banana Bread
photo by nicburns09
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup safflower oil or 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 medium mashed very ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour (Pamela's or Bob's)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1. So that the top of the pan is center with oven, move rack to low position. Heat oven 325°F Grease bottoms of 2 8x4-inch or 1 9x5-inch loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium size mixing bowl, stir agave and oil until well mixed. Add eggs and stir until blended. Then add bananas, yogurt, vanilla and beat with spoon until smooth.
- 3. In a large size mixing bowl, mix gluten free flour, baking soda, and salt until blended. Stir in banana mixture until smooth and moist. Add nuts and raisins and divide batter between 8-inch pans or pour entire bowl into 9-inch pan.
- 4. Bake 8-inch loaves for 1 hour and 9-inch loaf for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 5. Loosen sides of loaves or loaf with bread knife and remove from pan. Place top side up on wire rack for additional 30-45 minutes before slicing. To completely cool, let stand for 2 hours. Can be wrapped and stored at room temperature for 4 days or refrigerator for 10 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!