Gluhwein Mulled Spice Wine
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Just a simple spiced wine you can put together in a crock pot.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 10mins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 2 star anise
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 large lemon (need the juice and peel)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 (750 ml) bottles of a dry red wine
- Place the water and sugar in a small sauce pan and heat till the sugar is dissolved.
- While waiting for the sugar to dissolve, place the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot. Set on high.
- Add the sugar water to the crockpot once it has dissolved. Leave the crockpot on high for 1 hour. (make sure it does not boil).
- After about an hour set it to low for another hour.
- Serve in small warmed mugs (straining out the peel and spices), with optional shot of brandy, kirsch or other liqueur.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION