MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from my husband's best friend who is a U.S. Marine. He had this drink in Germany. It is served in Germany outside in the winter and it really warms you up! Thanks Mike! This works best with a full bodied red wine.
- Ready In:
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 to 1 lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, to taste
- Pour wine and sugar into deep pot and heat until just before boiling.
- Do not boil.
- Wrap Cinnamon, Lemon Peel and cloves in Cheesecloth and tie off tightly.
- Add to wine and sugar mixture and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately in coffee or tea mugs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made a double quantity of this recipe yesterday evening in my slow cooker. I made sure the wine was heated before adding the cheesecloth goodies. I did add about 25% more sugar. It was so good that the lads did a another red wine run so I could make more. I served them in normal white wine glasses. So we consumed two double quantities last night. And we all felt great today. Such a beautiful winter drink. This recipe will remain in the cockles of our hearts forever.Reply