MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa or 1/2 ounce grated unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked dried spaghetti
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, saute onion, ground beef, garlic, and chili powder until ground beef is slightly cooked.
- Add allspice, cinnamon, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, unsweetened cocoa or chocolate, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar, and water.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions and transfer onto individual serving plates (small oval plates are traditional).
- Ladle chili over spaghetti and serve with toppings of your choice. Oyster crackers are served in a separate container on the side. Toppings:.Oyster Crackers.Shredded Cheddar Cheese.Chopped Onion.Kidney Beans (16-ounce) can.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note