Ginger Spice Coffee - Qishr
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 -3 teaspoons extra fine ground coffee (should be almost a powder)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- In an ibrik or small saucepan combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Once the coffee stops bubbling, place back onto stove.
- top and allow to come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and repeat.
- Serve in demitasse cups, being sure to allow the coffee to sit for a minute before serving to allow the grinds to fall to the bottom.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Annacia does it again, another wonderful coffee full of flavor and beautiful exotic spices. This was lovely, spicy and perfect. I did add sugar, but left the coffee black. This made a flavorful thick coffee that I enjoyed very much. Thank you for sharing alternative methods for brewing coffee and for sharing another winner.
see 1 more reviews