- Ready In:
15 2 inch cookies
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh sage
- sugar, for rolling
- Set oven to 325.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder,ginger and salt. Set aside.
- Grate the lemon rind and juice the lemon.
- Cream butter and sugar.Beat in the egg, lemon rind, vanilla and lemon juice and sage.
- Add dry ingredients. Scrape down the bowl and cover. Refrigerate for at least an hour. Using a cookie scoop drop cookie balls in the sugar and roll around. Place on the cookie sheet two inches apart and flatten with the bottom of a glass to about 1/3 inch thick. Cook for about 18 minute.
Join The Conversation
If you haven't used parchment paper, you should start! I use a medium cookie scoop and drop them into a bowl of sugar, roll them around and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Then I flatten them a bit and cook them. I slide the paper off and let them cool a bit, then slide them onto a cooling rack. The bottoms are always perfect and the cookie scoop makes them the same size.