- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, honey, and molasses, beating until blended.
- Combine flour and next 5 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 20 rectangles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!