photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- In a large skillet combine carrots, water,and 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until carrots are nearly tender.
- Drain; return to skillet.
- In a small bowl combine honey,orange juice, ginger,salt,and nutmeg.
- Pour over carrots.
- Add the remaining butter.
- Cook,uncovered,5 to 6 minutes more or until carrots are tender,stirring to glaze carrots.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were excellent, and one of the best carrot recipes I've fixed. I've fixed them several times, and never followed the recipe precisely. I cooked them IN SALTY WATER, and boiled them, because I prefer salting them when cooking. The first time I made them, I added the sauce after taking the carrots out of the water while they were still warm. I just fixed them again, and had actually refrigerated the carrots overnite. I fixed the sauce; poured them over the already cooked carrots; nuked them until warm. They are still delicious, regardless. Thanks, Barb, for a wonderful carrot dish. Eventually, I'll try them exactly like you posted the recipe. I'm convinced that this recipe cannot be messed up, no matter what you do.
see 3 more reviews