Ghirardelli® Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake
- Ready In:
- 3 cups Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 large eggs, chilled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, Ghirardelli
- 2 ounces white chocolate baking bar, Ghirardelli, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Arrange a rack in center of oven.
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 9 by 2-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper
- In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl with an electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the eggs and salt on medium speed until doubled in volume, about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the whipped eggs, a third at a time, into the melted chocolate Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Prepare a water bath for the cake by placing the cake pan in a larger pan, and filling the large pan halfway up the sides of the cake pan with hot, but not boiling water.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and is set in the center.
- Remove the pan from the water bath to a cooling rack, and cool the cake completely in the pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- To remove the cake from the pan, dip the pan in warm water halfway up the sides and run a thin metal spatula around the inside of the pan. Invert onto a plate to unmold and remove the parchment paper
- To prepare the ganache, bring the heavy cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour the heated cream over the milk chocolate chips. Stir gently until smooth and allow to cool slightly.
- When the ganache is still warm to the touch, pour over the top of cake and spread with an offset spatula to evenly cover (There will be some ganache leftover.)
- Chill the cake until the ganache sets, about 30 minutes.
- To garnish, grate the white chocolate bar on top of cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><span><strong>I am a stay at home mom to two wonderful boys; Joshua (8years), Kaiden (5 years), and baby GIRL, Madalynn (19 months)! I also have two fur babies (cats); Kobee, AJ; we had to put our youngest cat Sly down Jan 2014. :(. I am also married to my best friend, Jeff and have been since April 2005. I love cooking, hate cleaning and will do whatever I can to get out of it! I love grilling and baking. I do most of the grilling at my house, and bake for almost a week straight at Christmas time! I can make or will attempt just about anything, though I rarely make brownies, my husband's are the best! Homemade breads are not my friend, so I am always working on bread baking.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>As for recipe ideas (besides zaar) Cooking Light Cookbooks are my favorites. I love to make new meals and try new things; it is hard though because my husband is picky when it comes to veggies (and hates seafood); If it were up to him we would have baked-bread crumb chicken and white rice at least one meal a day! Over the past couple years with zaar, I have found tons of new recipes my family normally wouldn’t eat but have been happily surprised with new favorites.</strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>I love to join in all of the tag games; I haven't been as present as I would like, but as soon as my Jeff is back from working in Ohio I will be back in full tagging mode! </strong></span></p> <p><span><strong>Cooking is my hobby and passion, I always like to host the family get togethers and volunteer for the potluck dishes. Most of all though are my kids; being home all day with them is fun and challenging, but I wouldn’t trade it for any salary!!</strong></span></p>