German Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Ready In:
4-5 dozen cookies
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package pillsbury plus German chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup hungry jack instant potato flakes
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened hershey cocoa
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350*. Combine first 7 ingredients; blend well. Stir in nuts. Let stand 5 minutes. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful into sugar; gently toss until sugar coated. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes. (Cookies will be soft in center.) Cool 1 minute; remove from pans. If desired, frost cookies. Combine frosting ingredients; blend until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have baked this recipe every holiday season for years when my older children were still at home. I lost my Pillsbury Bake-Off cookbook that had this receipe and could not remember exact measurements so have not been able to bake for my grandchildren. My light bulb went off and I went into the internet to search for the recipe and Merry Christmas to me - I found it. My grandchildren are in for a very special cookie treat this Christmas. I would recommend this cookie to anyone and everyone, good with or without the frosting.