Geoduck With Squid Ink Coconut Milk
- Ready In:
For the Geoduck
- 1 -2 lb clam (Geoduck)
For the Squid ink coconut milk
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons squid ink
For the Pickled habanero peppers
- 6 habanero peppers
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
For the Blanched celery
- 1 celery rib
For the Geoduck:
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Prepare a bowl filled with ice water.
- Blanch the geoduck in boiling water for 45 seconds.
- Shock in ice bath.
- Once cool cut the shell away from the meat.
- Pull the guts away from the belly and siphon.
- Peel the skin off of the belly and siphon.
- Cut siphon away from the belly.
- Save the belly for another use.
- Split the siphon in half lengthwise and rinse the sand out.
- Thinly slice the siphon at an angle and keep cold.
For the Squid ink coconut milk:
- Zest and juice the limes.
- Mix all together in a bowl and whisk. Season to taste.
For the Pickled habanero peppers:
- Thinly slice the peppers. Discard the seeds and tops.
- Bring to boil the vinegar, pinch salt, and sugar.
- Pour over the sliced peppers. Let cool.
For the Blanched celery:
- Slice the celery thinly on a bias. Blanch quickly and place in ice bath.
- Place about 1-2 Tablespoons of squid ink sauce on plate.
- Lay the thinly sliced geoduck on top of the squid ink sauce.
- Season the geoduck with a little flake salt.
- In a bowl mix together picked cilantro, pickled habaneros, blanched celery, salt, and a little olive oil.
- Place on top of the geoduck.
- Garnish with nasturtium petals.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!