Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings
photo by sandesnow
- Ready In:
- 1hr 7mins
Wings or Chicken
- 2 -5 lbs chicken wings or 2 -5 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 -3 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic (or 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder)
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp Ginger Powder)
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce (or 1/4 tsp chili flakes)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 425 f.
- 2 Rinse and Dry chicken. Place in a medium size bowl.
- 3 Add to the bowl of Chicken: Salt to taste (about 1/4 tsp), Pepper to taste (about 1/8th tsp), 2 Tbsp oil,1 to 3 Tbsp Franks Hot Sauce (I use 2 Tbsp as I like things mild to warm when it comes to heat.
- 4 Mix well to coat all pieces evenly.
- 5 In a plastic bag add 1 cup flour, then add all your chicken pieces to the bag. Shake to coat well. There won't be much flour remaining but a bit of crumbles.
- 6 Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place baking sheet in the oven on the mid or mid high position. Bake 30 minutes, turn pieces Bake an additional 30 minutes.
- 7 during the last 20 minutes of cooking: Add Glaze ingredients to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Cook one minute longer, then remove from heat.
- 7 When done, remove chicken from baking sheet and place into a clean large bowl, Pour Glaze over and toss to coat evenly. Place the chicken back on the baking sheet to cool for a few minutes and allow the coating to absorb the glaze.
- 1 This recipe adjust easily to specific tastes. Make it hot if you want, make it mild if you like. Make it less sweet if you wish -- Let your taste-buds decide.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!