Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tips only (cut the asparagus about 2 to 3-inches from the top)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- shredded parmesan cheese (to garnish) (optional)
- Prepare orzo according to the directions on the package.
- Add the asparagus tips to the orzo the last 2-minutes of cooking.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- In the meantime prepare the garlic-butter sauce.
- Add butter to a skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned, stirring very frequently. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add orzo and asparagus to the skillet; stir in the cheese, milk, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Die hard Cleveland Indians fan GO TRIBE - loves spending time with my family, when we have the time, my DH and I love to golf. While I like to cook quick & easy meals for my DH and myself, I also enjoy spending a day or two in the kitchen preparing big family meals like for Thanksgiving.