Garlic and Apple Juice Infused Eye of Round Roast
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 26hrs 30mins
- 1 -5 lb eye of round roast
- 5 garlic cloves, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces apple juice
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- The day before cooking, trim excess fat from roast.
- Clean and thinly slice the garlic. Insert at about 2 inch intervals with a sharp knife into the roast, about 1/2″ deep.
- With a meat injector, inject apple juice into the roast at various intervals in top, sides and bottom.
- Rub the roast with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper, oregano and salt. Place the roast on a large sheet of plastic wrap and wrap tightly after seasoning. Place in a plate or pan and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the roast from the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cooking so that it is room temperature before placing in the oven.
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees. Unwrap the roast and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Place oven rack at lowest position. Cook roast for 5 minutes per pound, no more! Turn off oven (gas ovens, turn on low) and leave roast in oven with door closed for 2 hours. Do not open the oven door at all during this time.
- After 2 hours, remove roast from oven and let stand for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
- 6 to 8 servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner