- Ready In:
- 2 cups dried pinto beans or 2 cups any white beans
- 6 cups mexican-style hominy
- 3 lbs stew beef chunks
- 1 1⁄2 gallons water
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 fresh green chile
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 bunches kale or 2 bunches any greens
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- salt and pepper
- Put the water in a big pot add the beans, onion, garlic, tomato and the chile, and the meat. Cook this for 1 hour, and add the salt and pepper. Adjust the water if is necesary.
- Cook until the meet and the beans are cooked, then add the hominy, the tomato sauce, the greens and the cilantro. Add more salt or chicken bouilon cook for 15 minutes more and turn off the heat , so dont overcooked the greens .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!