Fusilli With Toasted Garlic Breadcrumbs
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 large kaiser rolls, stale and chopped coarsely into crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute just until turning color.
- Add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper to taste, and toast to light golden.
- Drain the pasta and place in a hot bowl.
- Pour all but 1 cup of the crumbs on the pasta along with the water and toss.
- Divide between 4 hot plates and sprinkle reserved crumbs over each serving.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was just what I wanted tonight! Something light, fast, and easy. I added some chile flakes as suggested by another reviewer, and they gave this just the extra bite of flavor it needed. I cut the recipe down to one serving; used thin spaghetti, and day old homemade French bread that I processed into crumbs. I'd cut back on the oil just a touch next time (maybe 1 1/2 T for 1 serving) and in addition to the chile flake, I'll add some dried Italian seasoning to the oil as I saute the garlic. This is soooo easy that there really are a bunch of ways to adapt the recipe and make it your own. Thanks for posting a great recipe!