Fudgy Skillet Brownies
Enjoy a homemade treat in less than an hour with a recipe that uses the same skillet to melt the chocolate and bake the brownies. Then scoop them right from the pan.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1⁄4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, and salt.
- In a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet, bring butter and cream to a simmer over medium. Add chocolate; reduce to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly, until chocolate has melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let cool 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until blended (reserve skillet)
- Fold in flour mixture. Pour batter into skillet.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Serve from skillet, warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was made on 7/17/14. Due to what was on hand a couple of changes were made. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate,so semi sweet was used. Didn't have the Dutch cocoa,so the same amount of Mexican cocoa powder was used.Other than those changes the recipe was made exactly as it was written. I don't know if using the Mexican cocoa made any difference or not, but the cocoa taste was overpoweringly strong. The texture seemed slightly on the dense side,but still o.k.. " Keep Smiling :) "Reply
see 2 more