Fruit Salad With Black Pepper Dressing
- Ready In:
- 2 bunches fresh mint leaves, washed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 large peaches, sliced
- 1 honeydew melon, cut into wedges (I would make them about the size of my peach slices, maybe a little thicker)
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into wedges (same as the honeydew)
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 pints raspberries
- In a small saucepan; combine 1 cup of water, one half of the mint leaves, sugar, vinegar, and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 4 tablespoons of water making sure to get out all of the lumps. Stir this into the saucepan with the dressing and bring it back to a boil. Remove from the heat, let it cool for about 10 minutes and strain.
- In a large bowl toss the dressing with the honeydew, cantaloupe, peaches, and strawberries, (I would add the raspberries midway through tossing so they don't fall apart) Top with the remaining mint leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!