Frozen Candied Fruit Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup candied pineapple, diced
- 1 cup candied red cherries or 1 cup green cherries (or mixture of both)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans and fruit.
- Form into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; place in resealable plastic bag.
- TO BAKE: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using wet sharp knife, slice into thin slices (1/4 inch thick), and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I tried this recipe because ,I had a package of candied fruit I've been shuffling around my freezer for so long,I hate to tell you how long.Anyways,I used half on recipe 106561 fruitcake bars,they were very good.The cookie recipe, wasnt sweet at all and real crisy.But,I dont think I'll be making them again.No,one in my family really likes candied fruit in anything.It was a nice way of using up that package.I thought for sure that package would decompose before I got to use it.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a retired computer programmer, teacher, and cookbook author. Hubby and I have a grown daughter & SIL, son & DIL and 2 grandgirls. My favorite hobbies: cooking, Silhouette crafting, sewing, embroidery and wearable art, quilting, genealogy research, reading,