Fried Yellow Plantains
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- 2 yellow plantains
- 1⁄2 cup oil, for shallow frying
- fresh chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- With a small sharp knife, cut off both ends of the plantains, and cut in half.
- Carefully slit just the skin along the natural ridges of each plantain.
- Ease up the edge of the skin and run the tip of your thumb along the plantains, lifting the skin.
- Gently peel away the skin and slice the plantains lengthwise. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and fry the plantain slices for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- When brown and crisp, drain on paper towels and serve hot or cold, sprinkled with chives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!