Fried Green Tomato Wedges
- Ready In:
- Combine cornmeal, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in medium bowl & set aside.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, eggs and lime juice & set aside. This will curdle slightly.
- Pour oil in frying pan to a depth of 1/2" & heat.
- Working in batches, dip tomatoes in buttermilk mixture, then in the cornmeal mixture.
- Fry tomatoes until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Place first on paper towel to soak up excess oil, and serve on plate lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt while hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!