Fresh Chorizo and Potato Tacos
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- chopped white onion
- lime wedge
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with 4 inches of cold water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes, until tender. Drain and let cool slightly. Peel the potatoes and coarsely mash them in the saucepan.
- In a large bowl, knead the pork with the salt, garlic, paprika, chipotles, coriander, oregano and vinegar. Gently knead in the potatoes, leaving some chunks of potato.
- In 2 large skillets, preferably cast-iron or nonstick, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chorizo-potato mixture to the skillets and press into an even layer. Cook over moderately high heat undisturbed until a crust forms on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the mixture in sections and cook until browned and crusty on the bottom, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer the chorizo-potato mixture to a bowl and serve with the tortillas, salsa, onion, cilantro and lime wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"