French Onion Soup Pizza
- Ready In:
- Add butter to skillet over medium heat. Once butter has melted, add onions, garlic, a good sprinkling of salt and pepper, and thyme. Allow onions to sweat down for about 10 minutes, then stir and let continue to sweat another 5 minutes.
- Add wine and beef broth, simmering about 5-10 minutes or until wine starts to oxidize and turn brown. When onions are cooked through, drain and save the broth and wine mixture.
- Add flour to wine and broth and boil mixture about 10 minutes it should be significantly reduced toabout 1/4 of what you started with.
- Remove from heat and add cream.
- Shape pizza dough into 10-12 inch diameter, 1/4 inch thick disk.
- Put reduced sauce on dough.
- Top with onions and then layer with chunks of Gruyere. Bake at 325 degrees on a middle to lower middle rack for about 15 minutes, checking to make sure the Gruyere doesn't burn.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am from Andover, Ma. We have a place in Maine where we spend most of the summer. I have a wonderful husband in my life that I thank God for everyday. I love to cook and bake. It relaxes me. And I love it when I see the smiles on peoples faces when they love what I have cooked. Thanks to all of you and your recipes this happens alot!</p>