Fork Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes seasoned with parsley, garlic, peppercorns and onion. From Chef Stratta at the Phoenician hotel in Phoenix.
- Ready In:
- 8 yukon gold potatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic (split)
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley
- Combine potatoes, garlic, thyme, peppercorns, bay leaves, onion and salt in a large saucepan filled with 1/2 gallon of water. Cook over high heat. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 30-35 minutes.
- Remove potatoes, cool slightly and peel.
- Combine potatoes, olive oil and butter in a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a fork or potato masher, then stir in parsley, salt and pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Simple, easy, and delicious...and yet, I managed to mess up the recipe! Didn't read it through, and cut my potatoes before boiling them....I think they still turned out great!! In fact, I think they absorbed more flavor. I removed my sliced potatoes from the pot, and then grabbed the garlic to add before mashing them with a fork. After that, I followed the recipe. They turned out fabulous! Thanks for a great potato recipe BakinBaby!