Five Spice Duck
photo by Tuck Burnette
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- Heat oven to 375 with rack set in middle level.
- Wash duck, discarding excess fat, dry duck.
- Combine soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, and five-spice powder. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Loosen skin from duck breast and leg joint too. Rub marinade all into them, between the meat and the skin, rub some into the cavity as well, put the ginger in there, truss with string (essential).
- Put a rack in a roasting pan. Place on duck with the breast side facing down. Bake 45 minutes, baste often. Turn, bake 45 minutes more, baste often still.
- Rest 15 minutes before carving, tenting with foil if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!