Fish Two O'clock Bayou
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb white fish fillet, cut into about 4 pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup hot seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion, tops only
- Combine the salt, cayenne and black pepper. Take a rounded 1/2 teaspoon and sprinkle it over both sides of the fish. Let stand 1/2 hour. Reserve remaining salt and pepper mixture.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over high heat until it is half melted. Add onions, celery, bell peppers and the remaining salt and pepper mixture. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flour and 1/2 cup of the stock and stir until well blended. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Stir in remaining stock. Add fish in a single layer and sprinkle green onions over the top. Cover and cook just until fish is cooked, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation