Firebird's Honey Vodka
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 15mins
- 4 ounces honey
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg, freshly grated
- 5 vanilla beans, scraped
- 3 cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 6 peppercorns, whole
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 2 liters vodka (the better the vodka, the better the taste)
- Scrape the vanilla beans.
- Zest the lemons and oranges.
- Then stir all the ingredients, except Vodka, into a small saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Turn down the heat to a very, very low simmer.
- Let it simmer, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Do not let it boil or it will become a hard lump.
- Remove from the heat and let sit overnight.
- The next day strain the solids and add the honeyed liquid to the vodka and chill.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Realtor in both Louisiana and Mississippi Cooking destresses me.