Fiddlehead Fern Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 10 -14 ounces fiddleheads, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, peeled and chopped (like Vidalia or Maui)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the garlic clove to the bowl of a food processor and mince.
- Add the fiddleheads, pulse to mince.
- Add the mayonnaise and pulse just to mix.
- Scrape the mixture into a medium sized bowl and fold in the cheeses.
- Lightly oil three one-cup crocks and divided the mixture evenly between the crocks.
- Bake in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chopped tomato and onion.
- Serve warm with crackers or bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!