photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 185 g plain flour (1 1/4 cups)
- 120 g polenta (3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 55 g caster sugar (1/4 cup)
- vegetable oil
- Sift plain flour into a bowl and add polenta, salt, baking powder and caster sugar. Stir to combine. Gradually add 180ml (¾ cup) water, while stirring, to form a sticky dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and rest for 35 minutes.
- Fill a deep-fryer or large saucepan one-third full with vegetable oil and heat over medium heat to 180°C (or until a cube of bread turns golden in 10 seconds).
- Knead dough on a lightly floured work surface for 1 minute, then divide into 12 and shape into 8cm logs.
- Working in batches, gently drop logs into oil and fry, turning halfway, for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Serve bread warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!