Farikal (Lamb and Cabbage)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Trim and cut the meat into large, even-sized cubes and then blanch in boiling water.
- Remove some of the outer, coarse leaves of the cabbage and cut the stalk away.
- Make layers of cabbage and meat in a heavy casserole. Sprinkle with salt and peppercorns between layers. Add the bay leaf and sufficient water to cover the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and skim the surface well; turn down the heat and cover with a lid. Simmer on low heat for 60-90 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Serve with hot French bread or with Danish rye. You can also make a gravy from any remaining seasoned lamb broth in the pan and pour it over the potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!