Fancy Alfredo Sauce
- Ready In:
- Saute onion until translucent, add sugar and cook until slightly brown. Drain and set aside.
- Steam broccoli while onion is cooking. Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat, making sure not to brown it at all.
- Add 1/2 cheese and stir until completely smooth.
- Add whipping cream and milk, bring almost to a boil.
- Add pepper and parsley.
- Add remaining cheese and egg whites. Stir until completely smooth and melted (should no longer appear grainy). This may take a little while, but you will know when it's happened because sauce will begin to look fluffy.
- If it's not thick enough combine cornstarch with a little bit of milk and add.
- Once the sauce is thick enough for you (and it will continue to thicken as it sits) stir in the onions and steamed broccoli, Serve over your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I took up cooking when I gave up smoking, and my family is grateful. They were tired of eating the same 11 things that I knew how to make! In addition to turning on the recipe feed for Recipezaar, I highly recommend www.supercook.com. This wonderful website will ask you what's in your pantry, then tell you what you can make without having to go to the store.