Falafel Patties - Diabetic Friendly
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor fitted with its metal cutting blade, process all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into 24 patties, about 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the skilled over medium heat.
- Add the patties in batches and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until crispy and golden.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!