Fair-Style Lemon Shake Ups
- Ready In:
- Bring the water and sugar to boil in a small saucepan. Boil for five minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Juice 1 1/2 lemons, reserving the fourth lemon half.
- Stir the lemon juice into the sugar syrup; you will have about 1 cup.
- Chill the lemon syrup in the fridge.
- Blend the ice in a blender or food processor until it is crushed.
- Put half the crushed ice in a cocktail shaker, along with half the chilled lemon syrup (about 1/2 cup), along with 1/2 cup ice water. Shake vigorously for a couple minutes, then dump the whole mixture , including the ice,, into a tall glass.
- Repeat with the remaining ice, syrup, and ice water for the second shake up.
- Cut the remaining lemon half into four slices and add two slices to each glass. Sip and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello all, being from California, I can honestly say I am a foodie. You can walk by construction workers here and hear them saying things like, So I used some fresh garlic and olive oil, then threw the rest into the pan to sautee. LOL I love all kinds of food, and trying to eat healthier as I get older, but still indulge in the occasional deep-fried food or sweet. <br />I LOVE this site! I have 3 or 4 other food sites such as Epicurious and Food Network, but I always come back here! The ease and all of the features just can't be beat. <br />Thanks Zaar and I look forward to participating more.</p>