I originally got this recipe from Dudi Gur who donated it to a community cookbook. Fahdreiteh means mixed-up in Yiddish, but this chicken is anything but. A heavenly and delicious smell will pervade the house which is in equal only to the taste of the chicken itself.
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄2 heads garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- Clean the chicken well and wipe dry.
- Prepare a marinade with the crushed garlic, paprika, sea salt, salt, oil and soy sauce.
- Let the mixture rest of 20 minutes.
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade and turn to cover well.
- Cover the dish and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours (or 16, at least).
- Bake uncovered for approximately one hour at 250 degrees Celsius.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Very quick and easy to prep. I had my doubts about the temperature. 480F seemed way high to cook this at for an hour, but I tripled checked the conversion so I went with it. The chicken came out dry, but the flavors were so nice, we'll definitely have this again and just cook at a lower temp or for less time. Thanks for sharing.
Ok... I loved it but the rest of the family shot it down as being totally totally overpowering c.f. the garlic... they *ADORE* garlic ! so why didn't they love it as I did??? I don't know. Easy to make, smelled divine, yummy (well at least for me) and a "well, oops on this one" in DH's words... go figure. I'll put this one down to extreme personal preferences. Please see my rating system: they wanted to give it 2 stars and I wanted to give it 5, so we compromised with a 3 star rating. I think it's an excellent recipe... and will make it agin just for Moi ! Thanks Mirj !!!