Extreme Lemon Pasta
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 - 1 lb pasta (linguini or spaghetti)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, coarsly sliced
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Boil pasta 'til almost done; remove pan from heat.
- In another pan, that the pasta will fit into later, melt the butter and olive oil. Saute minced garlic til fragant but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the pan.
- Turn heat to med-high. Bring butter and cream to a gentle boil. It may curdle but will smooth out later.
- Once boiling, add the lemon juice and zest. Turn down heat to simmer and continue stirring until reduced by almost a third. Remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta; pour it into the sauce and gently toss pasta with lemon sauce.
- Grate parmesan over top, add the basil, and gently toss again.
- To serve, plate the Lemon Pasta and garnish with more parmesan and sprinkle toasted pine nuts over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Review My Recipe Game - I really like this! Cut the recipe down to make this for myself for lunch today. As my fresh basil wasn't looking too good, I had to use dried. I also added a sprinkling of salt at the end to help bring out all the flavors. The cream mix curdled a bit, but smoothed out after the addition of the lemon, which gave it a nice tang. Thanks Kathy for a great recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>