MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I made this for a BBQ dinner with my Estonian SIL and we all loved it. Super easy and quite yummy. Goes great with anything. You can do this in the oven at about 300* until a wooden skewer tests the cabbage done.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 head cabbage, about 5 or 6 pounds, washed, trimmed, cored, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste being careful not to oversalt
- Put the chopped cabbage into a foil grill bag (or make your own with heavy duty aluminum foil doubled over.
- Add butter, cream, salt and pepper.
- Seal up the ends of foil or the foil bag.
- Place on the slowest side of the grill and let it cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until it tests done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Super easy and great taste. I had Half and Half. My hubby loves a little sweetness to his cabbage so I emptied half an envelope of Splenda into the half and half and mixed before pouring. For those on dialysis, you can use dry non milk coffee creamer whipped with water. I will make quite often. I used the oven and served with baked pork chopsReply