Escarole Italian Style
Yummy sauted escarole with shallots and garlic
- Ready In:
- 2 heads escarole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 -4 shallots or 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut ends off escarole & seperate leaves. Place in a sink full of cool water and let soak while agitating.
- Meanwhile, in large wide pan, saute shallots in oil until soft and browning, add minced garlic and 1/2 salt and saute another minute.
- Rough chop escarole and with a bit of the water clinging to leaves and add to pan.
- Add remaining salt.
- NOTE It will be ALOT until it starts to wilt just keep turning from the bottom. Saute 15 to 20 minutes or until most of the water is evaporated and escarole is tender. Sprinkle with red pepper if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation